International taxation adds a new dimension to the already to the complicate U.S. tax structure. International tax attorneys and accountants use the tax pyramid.
The best international tax attorney and tax accountant have an advance degree in taxation.
The best tax attorney and best tax accountants are experts in both the common law and the tax code before they learn international tax law.
The best tax accountants and best tax attorneys have an advance degree in taxation. Law schools and accounting schools do not teach tax law. An additional year of schooling is required to be a tax expert.
The international tax adviser studies the “character of your income. Each type of income has its own tax laws. The tax law for consulting income is different than the tax law for importing income. The best international tax CPA looks at your business’s operations and dissects each step.
A website designer has employees in India. After dissecting his activities, he decided to incorporate in a tax free country. The tax haven corporation files an IRS Form 1120F (F is for Foreign). Only half of his net income is U.S. taxable. The other half is not taxable. His business operates the same.
At International Tax Counselors, our international taxation experts have more than 30 years of experience. Each expert has an advance degree in taxation.
If you need planning, consulting, or compliance, your team at International Tax Counselors has the needed international accounting and legal expertise and skills.
We have unique expertise in:
1. Foreign tax planning regarding reporting of foreign assets and foreign source income,
2. International tax strategy services with respect to ownership of foreign entities, including foreign corporations, foreign LLC’s, foreign partnerships, or foreign foundations,
3. Analysis of income tax returns filed with foreign governments in connection with the foreign tax credit planning and calculations,
4. International estate and gift tax planning for U.S. citizens living and/or working in foreign jurisdictions and nonresident aliens with U.S. property,
5. Immigration tax strategies for respect to non-resident individuals,
6. Assistance with IRS Tax Amnesty “Streamlined Filing Compliance Procedures,” because of non-reporting of foreign financial accounts and companies,
7. International tax plans relating to compensation structures for U.S. individuals on foreign assignment
8. Handling IRS international tax audits.